ITD Forms

ITD Temporary Trip Permits for Commercial Vehicles

Subscriber Login

Idaho Temporary Registration and Idaho Temporary Fuel Permits

Please answer the questions below to determine what kind of trip permit you need.

Is your vehicle over 26,000 lbs.?  

Yes   No

Do you need to purchase a fuel permit?  

Yes   No

A fuel permit is required if you are operating a vehicle which is:  

  • Over 26,000 lbs using diesel, propane or natural gas and;
  • Does not have current IFTA license (International Fuel Tax Agreement) and;
  • Operating in Idaho and another state during this trip.

Is your motorized vehicle currently registered in Idaho?  

Yes   No

How many non-motorized trailers will you be towing?  

Is your first trailer registered in any state?  

Yes   No

Is your second trailer registered in any state?  

Yes   No


Idaho Temporary Increased Registered Weight Permits

This is for vehicles which are already registered for Idaho, but wish to temporarily operate at a higher gross weight than currently registered for. You may purchase a temporary permit to operate a vehicle or combination of vehicles in excess of the current registered gross vehicle weight up to 105,500 lbs (divisible loads only and not to exceed the legal axle and/or gross weights allowed by Federal Formula B). Temporary permits to increase gross registered weight must be purchased prior to movement on the highway. Registration permits purchased for vehicles hauling reducible loads in excess of 80,000 lbs must also purchase an annual excess weight permit. Extra length permits may also be required.



  • The order will be purchased through Price


Subscriber Login

If you are experiencing difficulties with this application, of if it does not fulfill your permitting requirements, any open Port of Entry office may be contacted to issue a permit for you.

Division of Motor Vehicles
Call for hours of operation